Sunday, July 6, 2008

Going Away Party






We had our Going Away Party yesterday, July 5th. Since moving in with my mom 1 week ago, we have been preparing for this party. The last few days were spent shopping, making lists, cooking, cleaning, and getting ready for this event! We expected around 30+ people, and we think it was around that number who came. We had such a wonderful time chatting, eating, catching up on life, and talking about our upcoming trip details. Here were some comments we received from party guests:

"You're so brave for doing what you are about to do."

"You guys will have so much fun because I know you are doing what you love to do!"

"Be safe, don't get any crazy diseases."

"Just tell the Cambodian men you are already married." (for Karie)

"How in the world did you decide on Cambodia?!"

"What kind of foods do they eat there, and will you be eating them??"


Overall, we had an amazing time. We saw friends and family we hadn't seen in years, and the love and support was overwhelming. I began to get very sad as I sat amongst family and friends; I am going to miss these people like crazy!! I also was overjoyed, however, at the thought that this adventure is going to be spent with my life partner....how exciting is that! Below are some pictures from our awesome event!!

Shells we gave away as favors


Chopsticks that were also given away as favors

Francesca, Karie, and Erik (I used to be their Nanny!)


The Family....cousins, aunts, parents, siblings.


The gorgeous floral arrangements


Ashley, Karie, and Candice (my former student/tutoring buddy)


Michael, Rachel, Agnes, Ben, Karie, and Daddy-O: good times, good food!

1 comment:

Brad said...

Here is another comment: Have fun!

Bradley Martin