Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cambodia the Beautiful

I find it interesting that as I looked over the past few weeks of pictures in my camera and saw the first one (below), the song 'America the Beautiful' took over in my head. I am NOT a patriotic song gal, unless of course it's 4th of July. I remember learning the songs in school as a child, but I rarely hear them or remember their lyrics as an adult. Funny that, as I sit here counting down the days until we leave Cambodia, and thinking that there is not much beauty to be enjoyed here, that this song came to my mind. Enjoy the following images, and sing along to the lyrics of what is truly a wonderfully written song.

(To be sung to 'America the Beautiful')

Oh beautiful, for sunset skies...

For Asian fruits of all kinds...

For blue pools, and days off school...

For flowers that bloom in March!


Cambodia! Cambodia! God shed His grace on thee!



And crowned thy good, with sisterhood...

From sea to shining sea!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW Karie, what a beautiful post... I'm SO glad you're seeing Cambodia through God's eyes :)