Saturday, January 3, 2009

::Craftiness::

Being in a truly 3rd world country, the chances of finding the resources to enjoy your favorite hobbies are slim to none. I thoroughly enjoy using my god-given craftiness back at home, and I miss being able to run down to the local Michael's to pick up ingredients for my next creation. At home, in my free time, I enjoyed scrapbooking, putting together creative gifts, decorating my home, looking through magazines for new ideas, taking with my sister about baking, and just plain being creative in every day life.

I think that is a BIG part of what I am missing in Cambodia. I get no chance to enjoy my crafty hobbies!! Well, while in one of Bangkok's many HUGE malls, I discovered a crafty store and was in heaven!! This store sells appliques (little things to add onto bags, purses, etc.) of all kinds! They also sell bags, shirts, baby clothes, etc. to iron things on to! Brilliant. By the way, their website is www.appliqueshop.com. I asked, and they DO ship to the USA.

I got this wonderful, crafty idea to make baby gifts (I know 3 people in Cambodia about to have babies, and my cousin at home just had a baby as well). I am all about personalized gifts. Anyway, needless to say, I purchased some appliques and wallah! See the photos below:


The beginnings of something fabulous!

The iron on's chosen for baby Jeremiah (my Cambodian TA's first baby)

The final product: 3 personalized baby onesies!

No comments: