Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not Me

I did not find two, beady-eyed mice staring at me from under our toaster oven yesterday morning.

I do not freak out now, every time I enter the kitchen...anticipating the rodents running out from small hiding places.

I am not feeling cold in this knowingly hot and humid country's "cool season"; and we for sure did not sleep with the air conditioner OFF last night for the first time since we have lived here.

I did not get hit by a moto last weekend while riding my bicycle, and my leg was not burned by the hot tail pipe as I fell on top of it.

We have not already been here 6 1/2 months, and we are not counting down the days until we will be home free (.....147....).

I do not have a class of 27 pre-pubescent 5th graders, representing 10 different countries.

A store called "USA Doughnuts" did not just open up down the street from the school, and they do not carry a bunch of items in bulk that they ship from Costco in the US. And we defiantly do not love going there, because all of the items on their menu are made with ingredients from the United States.

I do not find myself speaking in simple, choppy sentences.....making sure my Cambodian friends understand what I am saying. And I for sure do not find myself speaking the same way to English-speaking co-workers...

Oh no, not me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw Karie!
:(
sadness... That is stinky. You are going to be SO thankful to come home! I can't wait :)
Love you
R

Unknown said...

haha you are awesome.