Monday, October 27, 2008

God uses 4-year-olds

Today I woke up feeling just plain yucky. It was one of those mornings you wished you could stay in bed, and things only got more challenging. The headache I went to sleep with was still there, but worse. My stomach was having issues, something I have unfortunately had a LOT of here. As I got on Brian's bike (mine was being repaired for flat tire #3), I came to the sad realization that he also had a flat tire. Oh well, had to ride to school on it anyway! Blugh. One of those days.
As I got to school, one of my students called my name. She was with her younger sister Maya. Apparently Maya had picked a flower for me on their way to school, but was reluctant to give it to me. Maya is 4 years old, and is an adorably hilarious little girl. Long story short, my student handed the flower to me for her younger sis, and it was perfect. A little pink bud nestled between sage green leaves. As I brought it to my room to put it in water, I couldn't help but think that my God put the thought in this 4 year old's head to pick me a flower today. I needed that flower. As the day has gone on, that pink bud has opened and graced my desk with its beauty. *Lord, thank you for using even the smallest of your children.*

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AW I love it! This blessed me so much! I am so thankful God is faithful! He is always there to remind us of His grace and goodness!

Love you!
-Rachel